Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help with finding an adapter please?.

Rob

Hi Guys,

Recently bought Gregs Helios 200 f5.. its a nice scope but I need to track down a part for it to allow 2" EP's!, can you help / do you know where I could get it?.

Heres the focuser - dual 2" / 1.25 (this is a picture of a new one)

image.jpg

Mine has only got a screw in 1.25 adapter (with no clamping bolts for a 2" EP - not even holes in it for bolts), so here is the part I need.

image.jpg

Its just the screw in ring with a bolt clamp!

Thanks

Rob

Heres a picture with it unscrewed from the scope

I would have no bolts to hold the adapter Whiplash is offering.. if you look at the picture below, the out ring offers no clamping bolts!!

image.jpg

This maybe a difficult one.. I have emailed OVL to see if they could supply this part otherwise its £39 for a whole new focuser just to get the part I need (typical of my luck!)

Ah, that's why my part wouldn't work. The focuser is the same but your 1.25" EP holder is completely different. So what's needed is the ring part plus a 2" adapter. Perhaps someone who's upgraded their scope to a crayford and doesn't need their old R&P might be able to help you out..

EDIT: Pretty much what Yfronto said!!!

Tony..

Rob

Just been rummaging through me bits (too much information)

This was off a Synta 2" focuser...

If you reckon it might fit, PM me and I'll post it off for you.

If it doesn't fit, just bung it back.. :)

thingy.jpg

Cool!.. thanks very much mate. PM on the way

Phil.. gonna have to post back the adapter. It will fit with cutting.. not going to do that. I think I may have found a Orion USA jobby that could work for £7.50.. I've orderd that and will post yours back. Please PM me your address.

Cheers for trying!!

Archived