Introduction to SGL

drsureshmohan

Hi ,

Im a newbie this group.Im a physician inChennai, India.Ive been into AP last 5 yrs. I started with a lx 200 10 inch f 6.3 with some success and used a modified dslr mostly. I jumped to orion EQ6 and orion 80ED and used that for two years till i wanted more accuracy and landed up with AP Mach1. Tired of spending all night with one image i jumped to a Boren Simon f 2.8 newtonian and i got fairly good results but requires a howie glatter collimator (i have a orion )to reach pin point stars without coma and a demanding back focus . here is my last weekend s pic of horse head with dslr.ISO800x10 min subx 20 subs ,aligned and stacked in Images Plus and tweaked in photoshop.

I have purchased a new qhy10 ccd and am all at sea-( i cant seem to figure out how to take flats, the half to one third histogram like dslr does not work.Im actually having results with central darkening and peripheral brigtening. I was directed by a senior member but cant seem to understand how to do it in images plus and maxim dl

Pls help.I hope the moderators wont mind if i could post my introductory image in the ccd forum as well.

Suresh

Archived