Hello all

Bobby1970

Hello

I have been a fan of all things astronomy related but never had a scope. My Son recently got a small national geographic scope for xmas off his grandparents. Even though i know its a pretty useless scope i really enjoyed looking at the moon and saw jupiter and some of its moons through it. The whole family enjoyed stargazing from our backgarden. lol. Anyway myself and the wife have decided to get a proper scope and have just ordered a Skywatcher StarTravel 102 Synscan GOTO thingy. We wanted something that was not too big as we have limited space to store it and we also wanted something fairly portable. We are really looking forward to getting it and starting to explore the night sky some more.

Bobby

Yes, i did some.

From what i have read it sounds like a decent starter scope. As mentioned i do not want anything too big. I did also want the goto thing as the kids will get bored if it takes us too long to find anything. My budget was initially a couple of hundred but went up to £270 for this one.

Welcome to sgl

i started stargazing with a good pair of binoculars and a star map

only recently got a telescope. the night sky is fascinating im sure you wont get bored.

once again welcome to sgl

clear skies.

chris.

Archived