Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

10" Dob arrived

Ian123

Been waiting a few day's for delivery but got in from work today and a couple of big brown boxes were waiting for me.

Of course i had to carefully open the boxes staight away to quell my anticipation of seeing my new scope.

Opened the OTA box first(as you do) and was greeted with a huge white Skywatcher 250px OTA, removed the polystyrene and lifted the tube out and removed all the packaging,

was impressed with the size(and weight) and it's quite big and impressive.

Built the Dob stand in ten minutes and placed the OTA in the stand and it stood there all proud waiting for me.

Unfortunately the weather seemed to arrive with the scope as it has been raining all day here.

Cant wait to get the scope under the stars and start my observing.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't they awesome, do you have far to carry it to your observing spot? Can you lift it in one go our do you need to move the mount and then the scope? I can just about manage my 200p, made a little platform with some wheels on to move it from under the stairs to the back door. Hope you get some clear skies soon, it'll be awesome.

Nice nice nice, oh and that is very nice. I did the opposite, I left the OTA box til last, just to string out the anticipation. Good luck with your new piece of heaven.

Cheers mate

Aren't they awesome, do you have far to carry it to your observing spot? Can you lift it in one go our do you need to move the mount and then the scope? I can just about manage my 200p, made a little platform with some wheels on to move it from under the stairs to the back door. Hope you get some clear skies soon, it'll be awesome.

Just straight in the back garden, a question about moving it, i have moved with the tension bars but will that put undue pressure on the OTA?

I think that will be for short movements, when moving to back garden i will mve seperately i think. The usual objects will be first to view, at the moment Jupiter, M45, M31 and the Pleiades then i think i will concentrate on each constellation, Auriga first and log my observations.

im not happy......i want one ! :D

looks the bizz. my apeture fever is doing my head in .

congrats on the scope.:)

Cheers Rory

My 8" arrived yesterday and i'm already jealous :(

Congrats on your new purchase, nothing better than seeing those two big boxes :)

Big brown boxes are great i agree, clear weather is even better, move clouds......move :)

Don't think I have ever heard of so many people getting SW Dos 200p/250p's I know the Stargazing programmes may have helped, with some, but even before they were being ordered like wildfire. Or maybe it just seems that way as that's when I ordered mine? Come on Rory, just waiting for you now.

The 200P Skywatcher is an ideal price for most people. The 10" is something like £600 so it was a bit over the top for me. I just wish I could see more with mine. Planetary views are dissapointing, but the view of the moon is great.

i got mine in the summer last year it was a good summer for me and the mrs we had twins and i got my sw 10 incher, it still gets pride of place in the living room next to my recliner, unfortunatly the mrs wont let me take it to bed at night

post-24269-133877720396_thumb.jpg

i got mine in the summer last year it was a good summer for me and the mrs we had twins and i got my sw 10 incher, it still gets pride of place in the living room next to my recliner, unfortunatly the mrs wont let me take it to bed at night

It is a nice scope, cool recliner......oh and the twins, congrats, bet they are a handfull:)

The 250PX really is a very nice scope. I paid about £430 for mine last summer, so I don't know where the £600 comes from. (flex tube version maybe?) I carry it out to the garden and back using the handles. I am sure that's what they are meant for, otherwise they would just use big plastic wingnuts or something rather than handles that stick out.

The 250PX really is a very nice scope. I paid about £430 for mine last summer, so I don't know where the £600 comes from. (flex tube version maybe?) I carry it out to the garden and back using the handles. I am sure that's what they are meant for, otherwise they would just use big plastic wingnuts or something rather than handles that stick out.

Where did you buy it.

Archived