NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

10"mak cass f15 deluxe

just got the beast:hello2: done sum prelim tests looks all very good indeed will post a report in the next weeks or so weather permiting, this is 3 rd telescope from house of optics , and tommy ryan has done it again superb test report, will run a comparison with the 10" mak newt also watch this space stuy

drool, is this a gregorian maksutov, need pictures please

If I remember correctly, Intes Micro use the Rutten Maksutov system(often refered to RuMaks?), which has a seperate collimatable secondary.

Edit: At least thats what my baby I-M M500 was. Magnificent wee thing. I STILL feel like a prat for selling it on!

Stuy will confirm or shoot me down :)

Andy.

Maksutov telescope - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I used to have a better explanation of all cassegrain scopes, but it's dissapeared.

I think the Rutten Mak design is why a lot of the Intes-Micro line of M-K's can be had at the 'faster' F10 ratio, for a more all round scope?

I'm sure sister company 'Intes' used the Rutten design too. Certainly my old Intes MK72 was.

Andy.

The correction ability of a Maksutov meniscus lens is a combination of the curves and the refractive index of the glass. The strong curves and increasing thickness of a corrector for a fast system makes a single unit impractical. Using a separate component opens up a whole new area of correction potential and enables collimation to be carried out independently. I think there might be some confusion with regard to Gregorian Maksutovs, a true Gregorian has the meniscus reversed with the convex face pointing outwards, the image produced by this system is terrestrially correct as with the ancient Gregorian reflectors which had a concave secondary, the downside is a small field of view. The Polish firm PZO offered a very nice 60mm Gregorian Maksutov that used to be sold by Fullerscopes.

If I remember correctly, Intes Micro use the Rutten Maksutov system(often refered to RuMaks?), which has a seperate collimatable secondary.

Edit: At least thats what my baby I-M M500 was. Magnificent wee thing. I STILL feel like a prat for selling it on!

Stuy will confirm or shoot me down :)

Andy.

yeah bang on mate the rutten, our seperate secoundry mak (ssmak) to be exact!!1 or so ive been told:icon_scratch: will post sum photos this weekend stuy

Archived