Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

my 200p, gateway to the stars

sunshine185

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The binoviewers are fantastic, had a 7mm celestron x-cel lx as my planetary ep, but the views through the bv were so good that I never used the lx. I have 20mm and 25mm ep's for the bv along with a 1.6x Barlow and a 2x Barlow so I get a good range of magnifications. No going back to one eye mode for me now.

Very interesting, thanks. Another reason not to stop buying kit... :)

Do you need to use both barlows together to reach focus, or can you just use one?

Am I right in thinking for your 200p you have:

2 x 20mm + 1.6x Barlow = 12.5mm = 96x magnification

2 x 20mm + 2x Barlow = 10mm = 120x magnification

2 x 25mm + 1.6x Barlow = 15mm = 80x Magnification

2 x 25mm + 2x Barlow = 12.5mm = 96x magnification

So the first and 4th overlap?

What are you going to go for next? I have found I can push planetary and lunar views up to around 250x magnification on our scope :)

Adz, I can use the 1.6x on its own, the 2x on its own or both together. I am very happy with the high mags I am getting, its wider field I am after. With the 25mm I can get the full moon in the fov using the 1.6, but I would like to go a bit further, not sure if 2 x 30 mm would work, its a chance I might have to take.

Archived