Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

my 200p, gateway to the stars

sunshine185

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think trying 30mm might start vignetting if I remember reading something correctly.

What 2x barlow seems to be working for you? I am thinking of trying out the binoviewing experience with some cheaper revelations. I hope there will be enough back focus.

Celestron Universal Barlow T Adaptor 1.25"

This is the Barlow I got, the lens also unscrews so you can screw it direct in the bv, I had some of the revelation bv and they just come with 15mm ep's and no Barlow. To use the 1.6x I have to unscrew the 1.25" ep holder and reverse it so the barrel goes into the focusser, I replaced the 2 locking screws with grub screws. Now I have enough "in focus" and"back focus" to use the barlows for different mag combinations. Also the 25mm I use are just the standard 25mm plossls that come with most Scopes, bought a second off Ebay for 2 quid, and to say the moon looks stunning in these cheap ep's would be a massive understatement.

Archived