NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi new lad from st helens

titan79

Hi everyone just wanted to say a quick hello and just say i have not got my first scope yet but iam in the process of saving up and reading reviews . Iam looking to buy something thats portable and maybe have a chance of some astrophotography when i get use to it all , anyway would love your opinions on this ........

Hi and welcome to the forum. Steve Richards, "Making EVery Photon Count" (FLO £19.95) would probably be your best start as it will help you establish a complete overview of what you need and why you need it to create the level of imaging that wish to achieve. Different objects will require different techniques/kit and naturally different budgets, so to anticipate what is in store will help you decide how far you want to go. Naturally a lot of focus is placed on capturing the image, but of course processing this data is another thing if you want to tease out every filament of detail. Now fortunately, lots of really good software is free to download but there are one or two other good programs which are not and so it is important to account for this when formulating your overall budget. As the joke usually goes, "...you don't want your first picture of a black hole to be the one in your wallet!"

Clear skies in the meantime

James

Archived