NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 7000 / NGC 6992 from last night

Roy

Hello all,

I managed to get out last night for a couple of hours which was nice and grabbed a couple of images

Tracking wasn't great and focusing could have been better but at least it didn't rain

Sorry Philip, I should have said,

WO66SD

Guided with C9.25 and Atik-2HS

Captured with SXV-M7

Astronomic Ha filter

As I mentioned above, I'm not all that happy guiding with the C9.25 so I think I'm going to start using my ED80 instead.

Before I started using the Celestron I used an ED80 and easily managed to get 30 and 40 min exposures so I think I'll box up the C9.25 and get back to a widefield setup and see how I get on.

Hello all,

I managed to get out last night for a couple of hours which was nice and grabbed a couple of images ....

You really must get out more mate, if you're going to produce images this good. :police:

Hi ya Martin,

To answer your question, I don't really know why I'm not having much luck with it, it may just be down to the FL of the scope and the FOV that gives but guide stars are not exactly in abundance if you know what I mean.

I'm not very good with the technical stuff, I'm more of a point shoot and hope for the best sort of bloke.

I used to use a cheap Antares 90mm refractor as a guidescope and that worked like a charm and I was able to achieve exposures of up to 30 Min's without to many problems which is why I'm swapping the C9.25 for the ED80.

To be honest I've only had the C9.25 for a short while but I'm not really getting on with, I kind of wish I'd bought A Nice 4" APO instead but that's always the way isn't it. :police:

Have you thought about a F/R with the C9.25. Your camera would probably be ok with the Meade 3.3 reducer cos the chip isn't too big. That would be one fast scope with a very handy focal length.

Hi Martin,

That would be one option, I haven't tried it yet but I do have a 3.3 reducer but I need another sct to 2" adapter

I did have one on order from a well known retailer but that's another story :police:

Archived