The New Guy

Burr

Hi, I'm Burr

I am new to Astronomy. I'm a retired American international commutations consultant married to a retired LandBank Supervisor living in Guiguinto, Bulacan The Philippines, we meet and married in the USA and retired here.

I have been interested in astronomy all my life but am just getting time to pursue it now (I’m 70). I plan on going slow and trying to learn as much as I can alone the way.

I’ll start with binoculars until I learn the skies and with the cloud cover on the island of Luzon this might take some time!

Hi burr, welcome. You have come to the right place! I am new to astronomy too and everybody on here is so helpful and friendly. I have a brilliant pair of binoculars that I'd highly recommend they are Celestron Skymaster 15x70's and they are large so a tripod would be a good buy also but they are brilliant. I have just ordered a Skywatcher 200p Dobsonian Telescope also and am excitedly awaiting its arrival!

Clear skies :)

Felix

Celestron Skymaster 15x70 Binoculars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Burr and welcome to the forum. Whilst there is cloud over the island you might want to take a look at Stellarium, free planetary software that is easy to use, plenty of 'toys' to use to help you find and identify all the great objects that exist in the night sky. Has a facility to advance the date and time to help you plan your observations to make the most of your available time. You can read up on this product here.

In the meantime clear skies

James

[quote name=JBMStellarium, free planetary software that is easy to use,

James

Thanks James! I have and use Stellarium, fun to play with

Thanks

Archived