Hello from Georgia!

crazydiamond

New to the forum and to astronomy, but I'm looking forward to learning more and seeing all the beautiful things the universe has to offer!

I got a telescope for Christmas, and took this photo of the moon this evening (see attachment).

I'm still figuring out the new scope, as this is my first one. It's been amazing looking at the moon the past couple of nights. I was able to glimpse Jupiter as well, but didn't get a good photo of it.

I'm staying up late and braving the cold to watch the Quadrantid shower; awesome clear skies here in GA tonight.

Hope to spend more time here on the forum and hopefully learn a few things from all you experts. :)

post-32061-1338777126_thumb.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum. Can I recommend free planetarium software called Stellarium to help you locate and identify objects you discover, easy to use, lots of features and will help consolidate what your knowledge when the clouds come in - which the 'occasionally' do. :)

Clear skies for now

James

Archived