Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bino Chair

imarcs

I had a similar question, primarily focussed on watching meteor showers without doing a permanent neck injury. The recommendation of DavidOfBanff looks ideal for me (although the diy contraption looks great) and it gets great reviews on Amazon.

Thanks for the HeadsUp.

• 1 month later...
Can anyone recommend a good cheap chair for using with Binos?

I have this, but it just doesn't recline enough

Hi Gear Malibu Lounger | GO Outdoors

Thanks in advance

How about one of these? A homemade GOTO ASTRO Bino Chair..........with dual servomotor drive on both the Azimuth and Altitude drives, Sky Align software, NexStar hand controller and a 40K object database. That's my wife Zheng learning how to operate it in the 'Azimuth' mode. Click on the 'Link' below to download it and see it action.

http://www.toobigforemail.com/cryptkeeper.toobig?nppmkc2=daaey&6cq_kc2=yxyf81&6cq_konmpb=8fyxxxy8gxxyzy1g

post-28448-133877729256_thumb.jpg

These are good - I've seen a few folks using them at star parties :)

TFGear Chill Out 3-Leg Bed | GO Outdoors

*sigh* My astronomy budget just got bigger... again.

I have decided that I need one of these, no question. My £25 chair from Morrisson's doesn't have a good headrest, the cushion doesn't cover the top bar (stupid design flaw) and isn't long enough to cover the full length when flat, so either my head hurts or my ankles hurt.

Anyone know how long these camp beds are? I am 6'.

Archived