Hello, new telescope, new member

munday

Hello and I have wanted a telescope for ages but got one today that was given as a gift it is a zennox 700x76 I have never used one before and unfortunately live in london with all the light pollution but hoping to take it places to view the sky. So thought this would be my first port of call for advice and some inspiration of what I can see.

So Thank you for reading and look forward to exploring site (find my way around)

:p

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi.

Light polution is a bummer.

Few times I have got my night vision, all looks good and then thanks to a cat or something similar, next doors security light comes on light a super nova and that's it.

I can't wait for local power cuts.

Spod

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Munday, I also live in Crystal Palace, as you state, pollution- both light and air, security cameras, etc. certainly make imaging and viewing a bit more challenging. The view from the top of CP park to the south is pretty open though. In terms of clubs I believe the m local one is in Croydon, although still a little trek. Personally I just get the scope out when it's clear, and use something like stellarium (freeware for the pc) to decide where to point and what to image.

Thank you for the hello's and snowy911 I thought that would be good up there but unless I was with a group would not go, I might try and get some interested people to meet up there perhaps.

Archived