Where to sell a mount?

Brit9er

Hello,

I have recently bought a HEQ5Pro mount to put my SkyWatcher 150p on. I bought the scope with an EQ3-2 mount. This is now surplus to requirements and taking space up in the house my wife insists I dont have! Im new to this site and dont have access to the Buy & Sell sections ( I dont think anyway):D

So I have some questions.

1) Where is the best place to sell the mount?

2) What sort of money should I be asking or expecting?

Im not after a massive price, Im prepared to swap for other useful kit. But where does one advertise such things. eBay remove adverts wanting swaps or other types of kit.

3) Is there a Buy/Sell/Swap site that people use or do I need to post loads of things on here to get my count up so I gain access to the Buy & Sell sectiopn?

Any advice gratefully accepted :)

Others will come up with suggestions but having been here a while I can tell you that the Buy and Sell forum is no longer available to anyone. And they can't say if it will ever return. I'm sure lots of members miss it.

I've spent the last six months trying to sell one and I've given up. The only thing I can think of is to sell it with the OTA when I get round to upgrading.

Oh dear! Thats not good. Thanks for info from everyone. Looks like Ill need to put it on eBay afterall then.

The trick is to list at a realistic price. I see quite a lot of used stuff listed at 90% of the new cost which just won't sell - people would rather buy new I reckon. 60%-70% is more realistic, assuming that all is in excellent condition.

Thanks again to everyone who bothered to reply. Im thinking that about £50 is the right money for the EQ3-2 then. Ive not really used it although Ive had it for more than 2 years, it was built up and then stored in my garage until about a month ago when I finally attached the scope.

Its all complete, but I cant find the destructions to double check I built it all properly. I still have the little bag of tools that it came with too, so given they are advertised at £160 plus new, Im guessing that £50 should be a decent deal for someone :p

Hi, Brit9er,

I have used Ebay many times to sell astro items no longer required.

I sell it to clear room, I want it to sell, so always have a low start price. The EQ3-2 is a reasonable mount, so there must be a demand. As John said, it is a matter of being realistic. Also watch out, the mount, complete with counterweights is heavy and postage is likely to be more than you might think...

I always have a low price in mind that, if it exceeds, then I am happy. Starting at £50, with probably £15ish for postage sounds good to start and let the market decide.

You could try the alternatives suggested above and see how it goes.

Good luck,

Gordon.

I placed a Meade Scope on Astro buy and sell, i brought it new used it for about 3 months, put the sell price (£575)at half'ish the buying price, placed the add on Thursday afternoon, the buyer collected next day, just don't be greedy with the selling price and i think any thing will move..

Archived