Hello

Gunny22

Hi

I live in rural Brittany France, and the skies are fabulous here, so much so that my husband bought me a telescope for christmas which I was delighted with. However, I can't see anything through it at all. It is a Jessops TA1100-102 reflector telescope. I have made sure all the caps are off!!. I have lined the finderscope up in daylight as suggested in the very limited instructions, but can't see anything at all. I could be doing something really stupid but can't understand what. Can anyone help please?

Gunny22:icon_scratch:

Hello Gunny and welcome to SGL!! It is possible that you do not have the scope focussed properly. Turn the focusser from fully "in" to fully "out" slowly (very slowly!) and at some point the stars will "snap" into view. Often beginners turn the focusser too fast and go straight through focus without realising it.

Archived