Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 2170 Monoceros

Tom OD

Hi SGL,

Here is NGC2170, showing Dark, Emission, and Reflection nebula.

There is lots of background dust, and plenty of right stars in the field.

This is 22hrs of LRGB, with an FSQ106N, Atik11000.

There were lots and lots of satellite trails and passing aeroplanes. Not all have been totally removed as yet. I need a break from doing that.

I had to look up the star map to find its position. Its right on the edge of Orion and Monoceros, or just left of M42!

I've attached a widefield and a central crop of 100%

Tom.

post-17334-133877706027_thumb.jpg

post-17334-133877706034_thumb.jpg

Thats a very interesting area you have there, it looks extremely busy, with a wonderful range of colours, especially the widefield shots. It reminds me of Multi Coloured Bubble Gums... excuse the expression... Something to put on my list...

Nadeem.

Oh Wow. Dark dust streams are really quite striking and sharply defined and stars are just wonderful, large stars do dominate but delightfully so. Dark and bright areas contrast so well with plenty of range.

John.

Thanks Guys,

I even did a min filter of 2 with some edit fade as 2 was a little to much. On top of that i did some star morp in PI to help min and dim the mdeium and small star sizes. Even then they do almost take over the pic. That might just be some of Barnards loop in the top right.

Also I did loose a little saturation in the file convert from Adobe RGB to sRGB.

Tom.

Fabulous picture Tom, worth every second spent capturing and processing it. I just love those subtle tones in all that reflective dust.

How are you getting on with the 11000? Famously by the look of it! Its a camera I am very interested in, but reports on it are understandably rare.

Cheers

Tim

Thanks Again,

I might have another sneaky one in the processing can soon.

Tim I really love the 11000Meg. Specs wise, I don't think its the most sensitive in Ha, but the large format suits the Tak really well, and I'm at a dark site so I get a good signal. Its the same chip thats in the SBIG 11000, and there are plenty of those about attached to Taks. Plus the Atik verison is a lot cheaper than the SBIG one. The chip size is still quite a bit larger than the newer 8meg chips.

Tom.

Archived