Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Today we are waterproof!

ollypenrice

Tee Hee, just in time. ;) I started building just over a month ago, since which time not a drop of rain has fallen. In fact November is often good here but when I saw the forecast I thought I'd better get the panels on sharpish, so I finished in the dark last night and this morning it is indeed wet.

This is a quick stitch from the inside, taken from the warm room end. The galvanized steel isn't pretty but I have used it on the other sheds and it is totally reliable, can be bolted down, and is available in 3 metre spans which is better than having joints. It rolls nicely and I can settle down rather smugly to some internal pottering away, whatever it decides to do outside.

The end is in sight.

Olly

raining-L.jpg

Pull the other one. Where's the sides, 3 layers of SBS & flashing ???? Looks like you've been had by pikies Olly ;):D:D

Hey, I'm the Pikey round here! Sides to follow. Give me time. There must be some observatory sides somewhere just waiting to be... relocated.

Olly

Totally waterproof - pah! Don't you get the horizontal rain that we get in the UK then?

Looking very good, Olly and as you say, the end is in sight.

I second that! ;)

We certainly get horizontal rain here! I had some come in through a very small gap in my roll off side that I'd missed - fixed now ;)

I second that! ;)

We certainly get horizontal rain here! I had some come in through a very small gap in my roll off side that I'd missed - fixed now ;)

Oh, believe me, we get it here, too. Sometimes it defies belief and looks like a low budget movie with the Fire Brigade volunteering to do the rain effects...

I went for marine ply for the sides despite its sacré bleu cost locally. I'll get it in place tomorrow. At least the nice guys at the yard saved me an hour by cutting it all for free on their big machine. We have a cracking builders' merchant half an hour away. They aren't the cheapest but they are great fun and will do anything to help. I think they like what they call ' English humour' which is just self deprecating irony, I guess. The French don't laugh at themselves as much as we do but they like laughing at me and since I don't mind I get discounts all over the show...

Olly

Archived