Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn & Cassini

Rob

Is it me or the sky still bad (even though it looks clear). I've been trying to nail Cassini with not much luck to be honest, got a small glimmer last night (best out of 3 nights). The image in the eyepiece keeps moving in and out of focus / boiling / and generally garbadge.

How about you guys?.

Rob

Rob, I had my 5" refractor out last night and it was a complete waste of time! The atmosphere is shockingly bad at the moment. It looked like I was viewing saturn through a babbling brook! Until we get a decent flow of air from the Atlantic I don't think I will bother. Still at least it's full moon so perhaps we can get all the bad seeing over in one lump.

cheers

Dave

Thanks for encouraging me guys - I thought my imaging success last week had been a fluke as my whirpool from last night was rubbish! but if its lousy seeing I feel better!

Helen

As a beginner, I actually thought the seeing recently had been very good. Any time I try to view Saturn I don't see much "boiling" of the image, even through a 4mm plossl.

However, I still haven't managed to see the Cassini Division, and with that 4mm EP I'm at x165! And I've also barlowed my 5mm TMB Planetarium to get x264, still without seeing the Cassini Division!

It's most annoying. :)

Archived