SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars last night

russ

Hi all,

Just a quickie. still no broadband so this is painfully slow.

Got out last night. Complete shambles (i hate batteries) but before the mount ceased to operate and the corrector plate dewed up, i captured 5 avis. 3 were very short. The mount had no power towards the end and couldn't keep Mars on the screen, so the last 3 movies were only 20secs long.

Russ

Russ I have a spare power station you can have? I'll bring it down with me on Monday and you can have it on Tuesday!

Whats wrong with Skyscan then? - the laptop may just have been too cold for the battery - it was blumming freezing last night!

Mars is well Mars - never been a fan.

Ant

It was so cold last night Russ i think thats half the trouble you had, my laptop's battery lasted 10mins(Normally 2hours) webcam did some strange things now and again like not displaying anything and my drives stopped working for 30mins all due to the Cold weather so hopefully your euipment isnt as bad as you think mate...

Sorry you had such a rubbish night..

James

Archived