Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Does anyone have a 17mm Hyperion?

inkpen

Hi, I have a C11 which is a 2800mm focal length F10. I have the bog standard 40mm it came with and a 12mm Celestron plossl which I ordered at the same time. This gives me a magnification choice of either 70x or 233x. The kind Mrs Inkpen has suggested I choose myself something for under the Christmas tree so I'm thinking I ought to get an eyepiece which a) gives a nice wide field of view and :) sits between the magnifications of the two I have. I had thought of a barlow but it would probably be useless on my 12mm given UK skies.

I think I'm drawn to the 17mm Hyperion and wondered whether anyone had one. I have seen plenty of endorsments of the Hyperion but not this specific one.

This is mainly for visual at this point and I like the range from lunar, to planetary to deep sky. Any feedback or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Inkpen

I have got one. It is definitely a Good value for money. 68º Fov will give you 0.41º and 165x. It would be ok. I like it very much. It is not perfect to the edge, but one of the best value for money in the market.

In your case I would get a Hyperium 21mm 0.51º @ 133x

and a fine tune ring 14mm. It will turn you 21mm into a 15.5mm 0.38 @ 181x.

Hi Inkpen, don't own one, but tried one at Kelling last month, through my clubs 16" Dob. I was pleasantly surprised at its performance, lost a bit towards the edge, but quite acceptable, and that was with a F4.3 focal ratio, so as it's for the SCT, at F10 you should be very pleased.

Regards, Ed.

i have the 21mm hyperion and @ f10 it realy is superb probably my best ep now, also when you remove first set of glass it turns into a 32mm 2" ep. brilliant dont no anything about the tunning rings though

i have a 21mm which i use on my 8" SCT, they are great on F10 and above scopes, it`s the most used eyepiece i have, and i use it with a 2" diagonal and as said above when you unscrew the 1.25" adapter from the bottom it`s an amazing 2" eyepiece with good field of view. they are so versitile.

i `m so impressed i`ve just aquired a 13mm version this morning.

would say the 3.5mm 8 and 10 might be alittle too much.

Archived