Hello

StuartyD

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Stuart from another newbie

I tool the plunge on my first scope about a month ago - again it was a toss up between a Newtonian and a Dob. I went Newtonian - be good to know what you decide!

Hi mate, its a tough decision, im wanting to make the right choice in terms of one that will serve me well as my first 'propper' telescope.

Do you think you made the right choice?

• 11 months later...

Well after what is almost a year since I joined the site I still haven't purchased my scope. After seeing the fireball that blazed across our skies a few weeks back and a meteor 30 mins ago whilst having a seat and a cigar in the garden im back looking again.

After having a 10 months that I'd rather put behind me ( old man was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and my auntie and uncle passing away 2 months between each other) I'm looking to get back into stargazing and start my search for a scope again. The only positive is that my budget has increased but I'm still looking to go down the astro photography route. I've had time to read up on the subject and feel its definitely the path I'm wanting to take.

So I'm looking for help and advice again as to what I should opt for with a budget of 1k.

Any help or advice is fully appreciated.

Stuart

Archived