Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

from staffordshire

catchem

Hi to all

I have been reading the threads on here for about 18 months with a great deal of enjoyment and help from others so thought it best time to introduce myself. Initially I used just a small pair of bins, this at the time was enough to keep me entertained for a good while and make me realise how much more I could actually see. I then purchased a Tal 1 second hand which was a good scope which allowed me to view for the first time jupiters bands. But eventually with work hours and lack of seeing due to persistent clouds I gave up and sold it. When it had gone I still enjoyed going out at night with the bins,it was just easier and quicker. My aim then was just go with the bins which I could use for day time too, and then I upgraded to a good set of Celestron 15x70s and a decent tripod, I was happy. After 12 months use of them I was looking at 25x100s as a further upgrade but I wouldn't sell the 15x70s as they were good and anyway my 11 year old daughter was starting to show an interest in the hobby too. Then I saw a Tal 120 going for a reasonable price,,,i got it.

I still intend getting the larger bins but this time round I have learnt to appreciate the scope aswell especially on jupiter and saturn.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived