NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Just saw something

Just opened my back door and looked up in the sky and saw two white lights. If you were to look at jupiter they were probably about 35 degrees to the left they looked stationary at first then i watched them and they slowly moving in the E.N.E direction. Does anyone know what these could be they did dissapear eventually as if the suns glare was no longer on them. Reason im curious as they were not very far apart and they followed each other any ideas?????? it was at about 19.53 tonight

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this on the 3rd October and posted this

http://stargazerslounge.com/astro-lounge/158555-2-close-travelling-objects.html

Sounds very similar - but does sound like it is satellites - but it is weird seeing these objects as trajectory and movement is somewhat strange especially as hunting Heavens above and other sites don't have it listed :D

Satellites often go by as if flying in formation - I've seen them in two's and three's before now :D

do they ever travel in groups of 10-20??? i saw something when i waas 18 (1998) that has messed with my head ever since. it was a small cluster of what looked like stars moving the speed of a high up plane. I didnt know anything about sattelites back then so was a little freaked out, to this day i still cant explain it....weird

I saw these two last night heading in a northerly direction close to Cassiopeia. Very bright like flares and 'flying' together, they didnt actually flare up like an iridium they just sort of stayed bright until they eventually faded about the same time.

Came on here to see if anyone had anyone else had seen them, glad I found this, thought I was on my own!

Best night we've had here in a while and I missed the post this morning, so my heq5 is sat in the post office until monday :D an I've alreay sold my GP! bad times..

Superjody, it could have been the same year I'm not really sure but I saw something really strange over my old house in Middleton, back then I had little interest in the sky but they were bright and in a triangle, almost perfect 3-2-1 triangle! I think it was the shape that did it for me, I'll never forget it!

Eta: wasn't paying much attention to the time last night, I was only out for a brief while, scopes out of action but it was only just dark so quite early on. I checked satwatch but the skies always full of sats and junk so couldnt pinpoint any object in particular

I may have seen this, was it just past sunset? I saw something to the east, watched it for a while and it did look like two different bright lights right next to each other but they didn't move at all/much when i was watching them so i wasn't sure if they were satellites...

I spotted those 2 lastnight same direction to what your saying,i was wondering weather it was the 2 spacecraft called grail heading to the moon as they have seperated now,have tried to find some info to be able see weather can spot them but cant find anything.

Superjody, it could have been the same year I'm not really sure but I saw something really strange over my old house in Middleton, back then I had little interest in the sky but they were bright and in a triangle, almost perfect 3-2-1 triangle! I think it was the shape that did it for me, I'll never forget it!

strange...... i remember it was a patchy cloudy night over in bolton as they dissappeared behind one as i was trying to point it out to my friends but they didnt see them

Ive seen airplanes lights that look like a triangle when flying high. I have a feeling what was seen by superjody might have been a meteor shower. As for two high flying stars i have to agree with the satelite theory.

imagine a cluster of stars moving at the speed of satellites but with no real shape to them, just a small cluster.....strange

Archived