DSLR Focus Software

johngk

I have been reading Steve Richards book making every photon count which has some excellent advice with regards to the beginner deep sky photography but in one of his chapters he talks about the DSLR camera and a program called DSLR Focus. Well i have been on the website and i can't find if it runs on windows 7. there is no help and the FAQ's dont tell me much.

Has anyone here used the program on windows 7?

Many thanks

Not much help but I did download it. On the website it does say "Windows Vista and Windows 7 NOT supported" so I guess that's no. No harm in trying though.

I use APT with my Canon for focussing, which is also handy for taking my subs. I also use BYEOS.

• 1 month later...
Not much help but I did download it. On the website it does say "Windows Vista and Windows 7 NOT supported" so I guess that's no. No harm in trying though.

I use APT with my Canon for focussing, which is also handy for taking my subs. I also use BYEOS.

Thank for the BackyardEOS plug, I appreciate it.

Guylain

• 4 years later...

I use BackyardEOS and when the camera is used on it's own the software can control focus as well as everything else. If you want to control focus through a telescope, on your PC, you will need to attach an electronic focuser. There is a fabulous support section for bye and any questions about the software you can ask on there and always you will get the answer.

Archived