Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First cpc11 Jupiter

Gadget

Managed to get my first Jupiter with my new CPC would like to have seen some finer detail coming out collimation is still as it was out of the box as conditions have been too unsteady to start tinkering with that yet but it cant be to far out as i am getting some nice detail at eyepiece so i think most of the detail loss is more due to my lack of capture and processing skills but still happy with result

Kevin

post-16611-133877665993_thumb.jpg

post-16611-133877665997_thumb.jpg

The images look very good to me Kevin, but I'm sure with time, and the fact that the planets position in the sky is improving day after day, will offer you many more opportunities to get the best out of your new telescope. As I said, you have made a great start with these efforts. Well done.

Ron.

Very nice!

I'm still waiting on the "modified" Bob's Knobs for the Fastar version of the C11...I hope when they arrive they will make collimating even easier...Keep you posted.

Thx Merlin66 be intrestested to know how you get on with them

The images look very good to me Kevin, but I'm sure with time, and the fact that the planets position in the sky is improving day after day, will offer you many more opportunities to get the best out of your new telescope. As I said, you have made a great start with these efforts. Well done.

Ron.

Thx Ron

Nice first captures. you will get more detail with a high frame rate camera no doubt. With a scope of that quality dont underestimate what a dedicated planetary camera can do, i know the spcs are good i used them for years. but will not deliver like a DMK

Thx Neil a DMK is on my very long to get list

Very nice 1st light images, look fwd to many more :p

Thx Karlo

great image`s well done

Thx nightfisher

Agree nice 1st light and good start ;)

James

Thx James

Archived