NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hard hats at the ready

bcfcciderhead

Well, if it lands in my garden, stuff NASA, it's mine - of course, if they want to make me an offer.....!

I have a feeling that I'd be negotiating with NASA that they repair the damage their big lump of metal did to my property before they could have it back.

Of course, in the spirit of dodgy insurance claims I would just have a put a hugely expensive telescope out in my garden while I cleaned a very expensive bike. It was just lucky that I put my best DSLR and brand new laptop down under the satellite before it landed.....

Not to mention the emotional damage that the loss of my gnomes would have.

I hope it hits Manchester City's ground :), and there playing at home on the 24th as well :):evil6::)

Howdy Si!

We don't get much UK football on TV here, but I happened upon the game when Dzeko did his magic against the Spurs.

Maybe he can sustain the magic throughout the season, eh?

As for the UARS, I hope it breaks up over the Northern Hemisphere and that it happens at night (and does no damage to life or limb). I live well within the 57 degree brackets and would love to see the fireball.

I well remember the last space shuttle re-entry disaster. I didn't see any of it, but I heard and felt the final explosion. Happened fairly closeby. While it was memorable, the loss of life was too saddening to bear another such event.

Archived