My Babe's a Cover Babe!

ollypenrice

So when you going to do a review of the new Meade mounts then.....

Given the things I've said about their forks I think I might not be their first choice!

I'm very much looking forward to having a good look at the Mesu, though. All the Dutch imagers I know rate Mr Mesu very highly and say he does his homework.

Olly

So now the review is out, can you tell us where you put the mount on the scale:

Paramount ME

AP 1200

Losmandy G11

NEQ6

HEQ5

CG5

EQ5

I didn't put the CGE and CGEM Pro on there as I'm not quite sure where they sit either.

But that's only one way to rank the mounts. Make tracking past the Meridian a priority and the Paramount goes to the bottom (I think? Gordon? Anybody?)

Or carrying the thing to a dark site in a 1963 Messerschmidt Cabin Cruiser... or avoiding a wifely petition for divorce on the grounds of financial cruelty... all produce a different order.

If you are a mobile imager the iOptron has some significant plusses and you might feel it worth reading the review. If you have the cash for a Paramount and an observatory... buy the AP1200 because it will track past the meridian and it is controlled by handset and not horrible PC!!! See, I'm a terribly biased and opinionated computerphobe and should never have got involved in imaging at all...

Olly

Well ......if you've got it ......may as well let it hang out :(

Not more Elephant Trunk banter! I will never ever image that object again, I swear. Give me me something harmless like the Snake Nebula any day...

Linton, the metoer image does not specify an exposure time but I'm a bit miffed to see the Baby Q pointing in the wrong direction throughout... I mean, would I?

AWR, no mug shot, no. The editor is a bright chap and a kind one with both his own circulation and my reputation to consider...

Olly

Will that be for a review in Astronomy Now?

Probably not, Steve. I can always ask. It is on the cards that one will be arriving here on a special deal with a guest but I will be happy to review on SGL it if all parties are willing. I haven't built the observatory for it yet but am getting moving on that one. I fancy fibre glass over foam insulation blocks but madame has sensitive aesthetic taste and a good idea of what my laminating is likely to look like...

Olly

I will be happy to review on SGL it if all parties are willing.

Mesu are welcome to contact ADMIN but whilst we do like to see members posting reviews of kit they purchased we are not keen to see organised reviews of kit loaned for the purpose. Those reviews are better suited to magazines.

Have Mesu appointed a UK dealer or distributor?

Steve, the Mesu in question is not coming for review nor even primarily for use by guests here. I'll drop you a quick PM to explain. I won't review it without asking how you feel about it and will continue to respect an established agreement that I desist from reviewing, on SGL, goods sent to me for that purpose.

As for an appointed dealer, thereby hangs a tale because I was not happy with the service I received from the only dealer whom I know handles Mesu!

Olly

Archived