Gibbous in Altair 115.

ollypenrice

Have you taken to astrology with that date????

Oops! Getting ahead of myself...

Earl, the SCT? Oh lawks, how many panels? Nine panels in Registax was enough for me. I'm happy to let the experts get on with the moon! They do it so well, but I thought I'd have a potter.

Olly

Not bad at all mate! I'd like to see the higher resolution version - but it looks pretty good to me.

Only 9 panes? light weight.. :) I did a 72 pane with the Skymax180, 2x barlow and a DMK21 - now that was fun!!

Ant

Not bad at all mate! I'd like to see the higher resolution version - but it looks pretty good to me.

Only 9 panes? light weight.. :) I did a 72 pane with the Skymax180, 2x barlow and a DMK21 - now that was fun!!

Ant

The full is here, Ant;

The Moon - ollypenrice's Photos

I haven't done any noise reduction on it, nor have I lavished my deep sky level of TLC on it. Moon time is catch up on sleep time for me! However, I don't know what I'm doing in Registax. I just press a few buttons and it shows!

Olly

That's still pretty good Olly, even it you did just push a few buttons - imagine what you could do if you did a few more of them?

There is a bit of noise in the darker area's, but like DSO imaging you just need a little more signal. You've captured the straight wall as well.

Focus looks good. What software did you use to put the panes together? I usually use imerge which is an excellent tool for this sort of thing!

Ant

Cheers, Ant. I just used Microsoft ICE, though it made a hash of the terminator background sky so I dropped the three terminator panels over the ICE mosaic and did a bit of hand finishing in Ps to level it out.

Trouble is, I never get any planetary/lunar types here so I have no brains to pick!

Olly

Cheers, Ant. I just used Microsoft ICE, though it made a hash of the terminator background sky so I dropped the three terminator panels over the ICE mosaic and did a bit of hand finishing in Ps to level it out.

Trouble is, I never get any planetary/lunar types here so I have no brains to pick!

Olly

With your skys...... somehow that does not surprise me :)

Olly

Thats the beauty of forums Olly, though i agree hands on experiance is much better. Learning is something i like about forum life. though it can be tough, in more than one way. Often seen, as straying, or snobery, which is a shame

Archived