Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL vs Sky @ Night

Don't know if I have opened a can of worms here, but does anone else use the Sky At Night website as well as SGL? Since I discovered Stargazers Lounge it has been my first port of call when looking for info regarding all thing cosmic, but sometimes I do look on Sky At Night forums for other info. Just found out that Stargazing Live is back on tv in January. I missed the last one:-(

If the SAN forum was an animal.... I guess it would be a Parrot...

A dead one at that.

I stopped using the S @ N forum because it was becoming a soapbox for a few users who considered it to be their own personal domain to vent their political opinions. Thankfully the admin team closed the non-astro section down. The lack of activity on that site shows how popular SGL is.

Peter

I must admit, I was on S @ N website quite alot in the early days, but I didn't know any better. Since I discovered SGL I haven't looked back. If you need to know anything there is always someone with an answer really quickly and also everyone I have dealt with is very friendly and forgiving of my lack of knowledge due to being a newbie.

SGL without a doubt. While we all start from exactly the same place i.e. knowing nothing, S@N - neither the forum nor the magazine - nor the programme (heresy?) ever really gets beyond the "it's not really a 'falling star'" phase.

Every time I accidentally see some of the programme, it's the same old, old script they were using 20,30,40 years ago: these are the p-l-a-n-e-t-s and they go round the s-u-n And so it is with the forum: great for your first few weeks/months (as is SGL), but fails to progress when people get to the "Ok, what's next?" stage.

SAN, I believe is an ex- parrot:-

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker!

'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies!

'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig!

'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

CHEERS

Damian

SAN, I believe is an ex- parrot:-

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker!

'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies!

'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig!

'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

CHEERS

Damian

No e's not, e's sleeping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only ever use SGL for any info i need (dam clever lot here) but have used Astronomy Shed once or twice for the video's it has, this helped with my EQ balancing and simple setting up, maybe something for the admin of SGL to think about.

I joined back last september and had not a clue about scopes and how to use them, but thanks to all on here have spent a load of money and gained a lot knowledge, don't get me wrong no genius but know enough to use my scopes and enjoy this mind blowing hobby.

Keep up the good work SGL and i'l keep coming back

Archived