The Race For First SGL Supernova

Stephen

Out of absolute boredom (flight cases have been reordered and cant be bothered to set up this late now the clouds have cleared,) I had a quick peek at the top posters on SGL and noticed that there's a 3 (possibly 4) way race going on to be the first "Supernova"

20K wins it!

post-23057-133877652508_thumb.jpg

That is all :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys, but there is five years unbroken attendance, apart from holiday breaks, and the odd man flu.

I have a hell of a good life Kev. Some great jobs, Army, this great way of life we call Astronomy, and this fine establishment which I get a great deal of enjoyment from. It's populated by many many nice, and very knowledgable people, and is great resource for amateurs. As far as I'm concerned, it's just a huge family.

My time invested here, has reaped a lot of interest, and I certainly don't mean money :(.

Ron.

Congrats Ron :(...

You had a 2 year head start :) So I guess Kev's comment is even more pertinent for me :p

Peter...

you're just sad Pete ;) Having said that I've left home this morning after setting up my PST and laptop to track where the sun should be in case the clouds lifted. Now I'm looking out the window at work thinking it's going to bucket down any minute!

Nice one Ron... :)

I must try harder!

ant

I seriously gave some thought to restricting myself to one post a week to allow you to forge ahead, after all, as one of the founder members of SGL, it would have been a better outcome.

That would have been a dereliction of duty, and probably Flo. would have beat both of us :(.

Ron, I dont care if you have 20,000 posts or 90,000 posts, I just want to see

1 POST

in the imaging sections, with a picture from all your lovely kit!

;):p

Thanks for all your help and encouragement over the last few years Ron, much appreciated :(:)

Tim

Ron, I dont care if you have 20,000 posts or 90,000 posts, I just want to see

1 POST

in the imaging sections, with a picture from all your lovely kit!

;):p

Thanks for all your help and encouragement over the last few years Ron, much appreciated :(:)

Tim

The kit is still intact Tim, and all still as new as the day it was bought. It gets regular inspection in the Obs.

As soon as I figure out how it all stitches together, I will light the fuse. There may be a bit of stuttering initially, but I'm sure I'll reach orbit. ;)

The kit is still intact Tim, and all still as new as the day it was bought. It gets regular inspection in the Obs.

As soon as I figure out how it all stitches together, I will light the fuse. There may be a bit of stuttering initially, but I'm sure I'll reach orbit. :(

LOL at least if you decide t sell it you can really say "As new" :)

Archived