Beginner !! greetings to all

:p:) Hello every1 i've took the plunge &.... purchased my new scope TAL - 1 (2002 newer model) for 80 quid last night :)...after digging through some old threads it seems that the going rate for 2nd hand

TAL -1s is £50 - 100 pounds - so i maybe paid a lil bit over the odds :rolleyes: never the less it is in good condition & i wanted a scope...that i can learn on...the old skool way :p.....i had a lil test last night and view was ok.....i figured out how to use it just about...;) unfortunately i have a dead line to meet by the 30 sept....and i soooo far from completing....therefore i wont be able to play with my new toy until October.....ps i did take a whiff of the TAL-1 tube lol....

Hi and welcome. The Tal brand is one of astronomy's best kept secrets and although they are built to last with style taking a back seat, they are excellent in how they work, which is really all that matters.

Congratulations on your scope and wish you clear weather to get out there to fire it in anger!:rolleyes:

James

Welcome JS1! The conflict between work related issues and making it outside at night is a never ending one. Many times, as a high school teacher, I ponder the question, "plan my classes? Correct or go outside? In the end, I never make up my mind and clouds move in to my region. The real reason why I am such an effective teacher is because of cloud cover! :rolleyes:

Isabelle

i can just imagine my first outing....aligning the scope with Polaris etc will be an experience lol...i hope no clouds get in my way after accomplishing alignment :rolleyes: i have Google sky maps and weather reports on my phone, i hope this helps:cool:

i agree andy...on my TAL -1 at the bottom of OTA, there is no steel badge with date and model number of scope? how can i find out what model it is ?.... in the TAL manual at the page 25 10. acceptance certificate, it shows the serial number and date of manufacture / slushing...(i should really post this up in the tal group)

Archived