NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Imaging Source DMK 21AU618.AS cameras

FLO

The new Imaging Source DMK 21AU618.AS cameras are proving very popular, so far all deliveries have sold out before they arrive! We constantly reorder but it is going to be a few more days before we can clear backorders. (I'll try to post a more specific ETA after speaking with Imaging Source tomorrow).

If you know you want one of these new cameras our advice is to place your order as soon as you are able as you will then have a place in the queue. It'll be some time before we have spare cameras on the shelf.

Those with existing orders should receive their cameras in 5-10 days.

EDIT: This is embarrassing! We have just been advised that due to component shortages we will now receive our cameras in around 3-4 weeks. Sorry :)

Apologies for the delay and thank-you for your patience :rolleyes:

DMK_lunar_planetary_camera.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll try to post a more specific ETA after speaking with Imaging Source tomorrow.

We have been promised enough cameras to clear all bacorders around the middle of next week, plus another delivery the week after :rolleyes:

Whats the difference between Lumenera & Imaging Source Cameras regarding doing Lunar & Planetary imaging, which are better in matters of image quality ?

As I have seen some of Nick Smiths work done with a lumenera & their quite gob smacking... (not to say SGL Planetary/Lunar imagers are any good).

Nadeem.

Lumenera make very good cameras Nadeem but unfortunately their UK distributor doesn't appear to actually distribute! It is very frustrating :)

Lumenera, if you are reading this, we believe your cameras would be well recieved here in the UK and would like to stock and promote them. Please contact us if interested :rolleyes:;)

Steve

Lumenera Skynyx 2.0 uses "old" ICX424 and a lot of USA users of that model moved to Flea 3 or other cameras with ICX618. Skynyx 2.1 are more lunar/solar but also - in Europe they are rare, in USA - Point Grey kicked in (ICX445 in few camers), mostly for H-a solar imagers. Any of them can do good pictures but hunt for sensitivity is important :rolleyes:

In Europe "Lumenera-like" could be French iNova cams: iNova - Boutique Pierro-Astro' - Caméras astronomiques iNova (+ some extras like ST4). Or QHY IMG1S, 2S or planetary 0H... but they have "software problem" at the moment :)

Whats the difference between Lumenera & Imaging Source Cameras regarding doing Lunar & Planetary imaging, which are better in matters of image quality ?

As I have seen some of Nick Smiths work done with a lumenera & their quite gob smacking... (not to say SGL Planetary/Lunar imagers are any good).

Nadeem.

Indeed Nicks work is some of the best in the world. But dont get to hooked up just on cameras, as mounts and telescopes matter too.

Nick uses a C14 so the gain control will be much easier to get to low noise free levels than smaller optics. The laws of physics im afraid do apply. That needs to be considered when compairing cameras, and lunar images Ps Steve been trying to contact you, sent a part payment recently

...But dont get to hooked up just on cameras, as mounts and telescopes matter too...

Don't I know that Sir ! Thats why im thinking about maybe a C9.25 or a Edge HD if my CGEM is able to take it, also with Fastar Compatibility Imaging !

Thanks for the info Steve.

Nadeem.

Lumenera make very good cameras Nadeem but unfortunately their UK distributor doesn't appear to actually distribute! It is very frustrating :)

Lumenera, if you are reading this, we believe your cameras would be well recieved here in the UK and would like to stock and promote them. Please contact us if interested :rolleyes:;)

Steve

Tell me about it. After many e-mail's I have given up and got myself on the waiting list for an IS 618.

I mean is a 2/3 format chip, 65%+ QE at Ha, 50+ FPS, 12 or 14 bits and easy software really too much to ask??

Dogs nuts of a camera, but for that money it should be...take the best bit of silicon ever made and made it do long ex and high frame rate and then cool it too... it's an Atik 314L on steroids...

ahm,

As good as Lumenera cameras are, of that there is no doubt, even if they are "old" ( ??)

the biggest problem as far as I can tell at this moment in time is that Heiko Wilkins appears to have given up with Lucam Recorder !!

He's not answered license requests for a good few months now ( myself included) and has hardly contacted anyone. So should you get a hold of a Lumenera cam you'll be needing some decent capture software too !

This is embarrassing! We have just received an email from Imaging Source advising us that due to component shortages we will now receive our cameras in around 3-4 weeks. Sorry :)

We suspect these cameras are going to be difficult to source for some time so if you know you want one and are prepared to wait we recommend you place an order. That way you will have a place in the queue. I know it isn't ideal but it is the best we can do given the circumstances.

HTH

Yes, currently we will have enough to cover all existing orders :)

Please be assured we are ordering them in as fast as we can, it is the high demand and component shortages that has created this situation.

That's disappointing.

I've just sold my QHY5v to part fund one of these - so I'm camera-less.

It's Sod's Law - I normally work away, but I'll be home for 3 - 4 weeks....so back to the SP900NC for a while it is then! (If we get any clear nights that is!)

• 2 weeks later...
That's disappointing.

I've just sold my QHY5v to part fund one of these - so I'm camera-less.

It's Sod's Law - I normally work away, but I'll be home for 3 - 4 weeks....so back to the SP900NC for a while it is then! (If we get any clear nights that is!)

Must set up then, it's bound to be clear :)

Archived