Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27 with DSLR

psemil

With a DSLR? Very deep.

To any that aren't quite aware of it, this shot highlights the importance of data ..... you need hours and hours and hours. Patience is a virtue and the result is this.

Well done

:smiley:

Two nights with more than half of the total frames, were at 500 meters altitude, in low light pollution. First night I slept and I forgot to start dew heaters :smiley:( so I trow away many exposures..., second was almost perfect but I couldn't stay all night on the hill.... :)

The other 3 nights were at 1000 meters over sea level with very low light pollution, but 3rd day with lot of clouds made almost unusable images, 4th extremely wet and with smog , and 5th with strong winds - more reasons to throw away exposures.

In fact those 5 nights were between the end of june and the beginning of august because of the poor weather, but in all nights milky way was easy visible to 30 degrees to horizon.

Archived