Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skyshed Pod's in Winter

iamzoso60

I've had my Pod for 4 months now and as it appears that Summer has ended, I've started thinking of the Winter months. What do people do to keep the Pod dry from moisture and condensation? I would suspect a de humidifier is the best idea. If so any suggestions as to which model.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure where you can get this from now, but I bought a couple of buckets of silica gel that you place in a warm oven for a couple of hours to dry it out and then re-use it. Soaks up condensation/moisture a treat. Good stuff.

Chris.

I've got my de humidifier and an electronic thermometer which also shows humidity. At 6.30 this morningI had 6 degrees in the POD and 89% humidity!

I think It's time to get the unit set up and running before any damage is done to the POD's precious cargo.

I have a POD and the same dehumidifer as Dave and the one I think you've bought too. It was very efficient last winter, I particularly noticed the difference because I bought it half way through the winter after struggling with a less efficient dehumidifer. I have it permanently draining.

Carole

Well, the de humidifier has been running for a few mornings and the humidity is stable at 60%. The temp inside the POD is up from the outdoor temp, by approx 3 degrees. Everything is nice and dry, just got to decide the final position for it before putting in the permanent drain tube.

:)

• 2 months later...

I have a Pulsar Dome and have the same dehumidifier as Dave (ELA DD822 del next day from "Dry it Out Ltd") and agree; it has worked very well so far with it set 24/7 to low at 60% RH. :D

With regards to the usage I am currently logging the humidity and temps so that I can try to save electricity (£'s) and have it on a timer.

Andy

• 9 months later...

The ELA DD822 has been running all year and has kept moisture at bay; the dehumidifier is so good that we have bought a second one for our conservatory!

My biggest problem has been with insects; large moths setting off my alarm in the early hours and sending me into a mass frenzy :eek: expecting burglers in the garden and spiders trying to make a home over my kit; I think my next investment will have to be conkers. :laugh:

Archived