Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Finally upgraded after 2yrs :)

hey Kevin,

focusser is something i will def upgrade in future,

its not as bad as i thought tho,

also if u get critical focus by turning anticlockwise it helps, and less likely to shift

i will prob get baader steeltrack, or more expensive moonlite

which has better shaft lock to prevent shift

not sure ? if u could use them on ur CPC Mount tho due to clearance needed when viewing/imaging objects near zenith,

so u might need to go for feathertouch if ur looking to upgrade it ?

James

got a moonlite on mine. worth getting the larger diameter one. I got mine from FLO.I normally get rough focus then fine tune it with the crayford.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not jealous, not even slightly nuh uh, not me.

That sir is a gorgeous telescope, I want one now, but not sure i can quite justify £1700 (well not with the gf reading this over my shoulder) :)

Many thx tis a thing of beauty

Just to point out i paid £1549 for C11 CG5 Combo

Harrison's have had few sales this year and having missed 1st sale at £1699, i couldn't resist the 2nd Sale £1549 pricetag

most retailers are selling for £1800 + still

and Harrison's have put price back up i noticed

hey Kevin,

focusser is something i will def upgrade in future,

its not as bad as i thought tho,

also if u get critical focus by turning anticlockwise it helps, and less likely to shift

i will prob get baader steeltrack, or more expensive moonlite

which has better shaft lock to prevent shift

not sure ? if u could use them on ur CPC Mount tho due to clearance needed when viewing/imaging objects near zenith,

so u might need to go for feathertouch if ur looking to upgrade it ?

James

I will be joining the C11 club soon (CPC mode) had some shift on my 9.25 but put a revelation crayford on that an it worked very nice but when i get the C11 i may look at the feather touch again had one on my C8 and loved it but quite expensive

That was a great price you got that for

Kevin

Congratulations on a great bit of kit and as noted already, what a difference this upgrade must be for you - if you're going to upgrade, do it properly! I must concede that I always get excited when I see pictures of cardboard boxes, maybe shouldn't mention that here and leave that confession for a medical forum!:)

Most definitely looking forward to a first light right up on how she performs!

James

That looks a great piece of kit, and at a very nice price too. I am thinking of saving up for something like that. How do you find the mount? How much setup time is needed?

i'm only using for viewing and moon and planetary webcam imaging atm

but tracking is excellent and goto accurate

the tripod has larger 2"legs like EQ6 which helps, feels solid

set up time has increased a bit compared to az mak

but generally i would let scope cooldown for 30mins before viewing with mak anyway

the mak would be plonked outside ready for powertank and alignment so prob 1min set up time

cg5 mount is more accurately placed outside, say 1min

i got polarscope so i check mount aligned up with polaris 2-5mins dep on how lucky and accurate u are, (easier than i thought)

i then attach weights, 1min say

then attach OTA and check balance takes 2-5mins

so prob around 6-12mins set up time,

packing up is quicker tho :) prob 3-5mins (depending on how cold i am)

but again smaller az mak only took 1min to pack up

Archived