Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tesco new store LP

adamsp123

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Argggghhh light pollution I've got such a bag on about this - I'll resist the temptation to go off on a 15 page rant and just wish you the best of luck instead.

my asda resently (not in regard to LP but money saving) actually turn every possiable light off in the carpark (apart from one in disabled bay) and the internal store lights actually go into emergency lighting mode (really really dim) even though the store is a 24hr to save money and id imagine with a store like tesco they would want to do the same thing expessially with the moto "every little helps"

I haven't been there at night yet,but did notice that there were a huge ammount of lamp posts in the carpark,amd a lot of new lights on the island and road.

At least when it was a market it only caused a problem on mondays,and that was only the extra traffic,and the occasional whiff :)

Ask them for specifics on how they will prevent this from happeneing agin. Stand at the customer services desk and ask to see the duty manager. Do this weekly, asking for an update. Tell them that you are sending copies of all correspondence to environmental groups, local and national. When they give you some stupid answers, these can be quoted in the ongoing adverse publicity. A complaint to the local council is a definite. Along with a letter to the planning authority asking about the terms and conditions they may (or not) have imposed on the lighting.

A nice photo 'evidence' would be wide field away from their lights, and in their lights.

This company like to promote their 'green' image. Perhaps a rough calculation of the electricity consumption of their car park and how much carbon dioxide it produces. That would seriously embarrass them. In fact why do the calculation Ask Tesco what the power consumption of their car park lighting is. If they don't know, it makes them look rather stupid.

OK rant over. Good luck with the campaign. I will be watching this one closely and if I can help with any information, just ask. My local Tesco is over-lit. But being in the midst of extremely stupid and wasteful lighting schemes by Nottinghamshire county Council, it doesn't really stand out.

m

personaly i would do what davidvalentine said badger them but in a pleasent way (you wouldnt want to get banned) i would also keep asking for updates in the emails u sent on what is happening, even a dictaphone would be useful instore (but make sure u tell them your recording, make a portfolio about everything they say and send it to your local council as well as a local newspaper (prefirably one which was against the tesco theres always one)

Thanks for the support and suggestions, I have sent a second email to the person that responded to my first, raising a few points and sent the pictures, I also asked her to give me Tesco's MD contact details who is next on my list.....

Just don't no why they needed to build a tescos in Welshpool when 20mins down the road one in Newtown that never seems be that busy and a carpark like a race track,i just hope that if halls cattle Market in bishops castle ever closes tescos don't buy it up,I bet the boy racers like the new 1 way system their now.

Just don't no why they needed to build a tescos in Welshpool when 20mins down the road one in Newtown that never seems be that busy and a carpark like a race track,i just hope that if halls cattle Market in bishops castle ever closes tescos don't buy it up,I bet the boy racers like the new 1 way system their now.

It is highly unlikely that a Tescos will open in Bishops Castle. For a starter, I know how cohesive that community is round there - the majority are anti-corporation and will fight to prevent that lovely little market town from being ruined.

BTW, they do nice grub at the Three Tuns...:)

It's more likely that the cattle market will be turned into more housing, apparently there is a "need" for 27,500 more homes in the county by 2026....:) Stop this planet, I wanna get off.

I will ask Bob Mizon to have a look at this thread, that photo is ridiculous! looks like they are trying to project something on to the moon. Definitely contact Shropshire star too, that's the very definition of light pollution. Are they on all night? My sympathies for your loss - we are all next! :)

More News!

Not confirmed as yet, but my neighbour says he heard they will be adding a batch of floodlights to the side of the building, probably the side in the first pic near the main Shrewbury/Newtown road , if correct it will get a whole lot worse and then so much for their claim it will be a "green" store..... oh I can see a big fight coming.

Had this back from Tesco.....

"I would like to clarify that by myself passing the details of your concerns onto our Store Management Team, this will allow them to fully investigate the issue and see what they can do to reduce the lighting, therefore, preventing this from happening again.

Hopefully, you will notice a difference with the lighting shortly."

After responding I received -

"Thank you for your reply and hopefully our store will do what they can to reduce the lighting in our car park but still have it lit enough in the dark for our customers' safety."

We shall see .......................

Archived