Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EPs for PST

adamsp123

Pete I use a Hyperion zoom, so convenient, IMHO the 16mm setting gives the best view but the 20mm and 24mm is not bad.

The only other EPs that I have are the 8mm and 13mm Ethos and whereas the 13mm gives a nice view I always go back to using the Hyperion.

Mark

I there something out there that is stunningly better?

cheers

I don't think there is, what you have will squeeze the max out of

most H-a scopes, the long focal ratio, and the 'sweet spot' means

that simple eyepieces work fine.

I use a zoom plus plossls with my Lunt 35. I've tried TV Radians and

the view is much narrower than the 60 degree field these give, so no advantage.

HTH, Ed.

I'm using a Hyperion 8-24mm zoom EP and like it a lot. Somewhere around 16mm seems the optimum but it gives good views across the zoom range. An extra benefit is a simple cheap adaptor to couple a DSLR on the back of it which is giving me some very reasonable photographs

I'm using a Hyperion 8-24mm zoom EP and like it a lot. Somewhere around 16mm seems the optimum but it gives good views across the zoom range. An extra benefit is a simple cheap adaptor to couple a DSLR on the back of it which is giving me some very reasonable photographs

Like the latest ones on your website Kev? They are stunning, well done. I would love to get something like that one day.

Is it only one or two photos, then stacked together in registax? Do you have to do this because of the sweetspot?

Finally, does a heavy SLR plus the zoom EP put a lot of strain on the solar scope and its EP holder?

Thanks

I've added some front weights to the solarscope tube to balance the system so that I can use a lightweight Merlin mount to drive the scope around. The complete assembly appears very stable.

I'm shooting two images, one exposed for the surface detail and one for the proms which I then convert to greyscale and blend together.

Archived