NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pesky weather

CELESCOPE

i knew it , clear all day again , and now CC clouds appearing from the west , i give up , think i can count on one hand the times i have been out this winter , think i will turn the dome into a beer hut , any one coming , thats about all it will be used for at this rate , well Martin did suggest a PARROT , NOT SUCH A BAD IDEA I GUESS ,kicks dog !! of to watch boring TV again

:)

I think I have had about 4 clear nights since I got my new scope so i'll take the blame for annoying the cloud gods!! :) Very frustrating!

I think the Capt' is right - beer hut tonight!! Hope not to fall off my pedal bike again this week though - ribs still painful from last time!!

Bill£

Rog

It has been particularily annoying this week.

There have been clear days and at sunset the clouds role in and then clear just in time dor daybreak......

On the plus side all this cloud has meant I finally cracked the mystery of the double star SHR 1.

Cheers

ian

Hey you try camping in it :) :) My mate said he got up to the Toilet at 4am and saw a star for about 4 seconds!

We gave up yesterday afternoon after the tent nearly got blown away. That was not a fun experience, putting a 4 man tent away in gale force wind Oh! and dont forget the driving rain :x

Last Friday - wind and rain

Saturday - wind and rain

Today - wind and more rain

Tomorrow - Yep, you guessed it, Met Office says wind and rain / snow

I sometimes wonder why I took up Astronomy - The skies are clear about once a fortnight "oop north".

Still, it beats Television (except for S&N)

Tom

Archived