Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 7000 Ha/OIII

shaunster

Last night was clear so I shot some OIII for this target, first two subs I got were out of focus, lucky I set my alarm just to check early on in the session :D

7x1200s Ha

8x1200s OIII

Atik 383l+ 1.25" filters

NGC7000-HaOIII-XL.jpg

Wonder what people think on the colour? I blended this a little different to make full use of the Ha and I dont really like the very strong reds so I toned it down a bit

Planning on some S2 next session.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stonk me, as they say in some circles, that really is a delicate rendition. Colour? Maybe a little indecisive? Id try to work on local contrasts to make it show more relief. The easy way is via Noels Actions but a few micro curves in PS would tease them out.

What superbly tiny stars though. Really good result.

Olly

Not surprized this one is going down well!

When using Noel I always apply the action then apply 'As Layer On Top.' This allows you to erase any adversely affected areas. Usually these are stars (easily selected via Noel again), dark areas of low signal which get sent into the noise region, etc. You can also choose the percentage opacity of the modified layer.

One thing to watch with his Enhance Local Contrast is that you need a bit of room to the left of the peak in the histogram or he will clip the black point, the scoundrel!

Cracking image., Wonderful how those tendrils of sooty dust stand out in relief.

Olly

Not surprized this one is going down well!

When using Noel I always apply the action then apply 'As Layer On Top.' This allows you to erase any adversely affected areas. Usually these are stars (easily selected via Noel again), dark areas of low signal which get sent into the noise region, etc. You can also choose the percentage opacity of the modified layer.

One thing to watch with his Enhance Local Contrast is that you need a bit of room to the left of the peak in the histogram or he will clip the black point, the scoundrel!

Cracking image., Wonderful how those tendrils of sooty dust stand out in relief.

Olly

Just a question... What is Noel??

Thanks everyone. Thanks for these tips Olly, I am picking them all up slowly :p

What scope are you using?

Zenithstar 70

Great shot.:D

I like the first edit, high contrast processing can make the image start to look "processed".

All the same detail is in the first it's just more subtle.

On looking again thismorning I am tending to agree, I really like the first one, it looks unforced if that makes sense? Maybe somehwere in the middle of both would work well!

Just a question... What is Noel??

Noels actions mate, its a plugin for photoshop and a very good one that is pretty cheap and has some good functions

I'd remove the Noelized stars and just maybe some of the Noelized darker stuff, after looking closely at noise, and keep the rest! Trust me to be an awkward so and so...

The animation is very instructive.

Truth is, both are darned good.

Olly

Archived