Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astrobay ?????

Kai

Acey, this is simply impossible! If you have an account on UKAI it's because you registered for one - perhaps the layout/design of the site has changed since you registered there and you don't remember but SGL did not somehow register you on UKAI.

The speculation in this thread is getting out of hand. I know my email is publically posted in a range of astro websites so could've easily been scraped. Try googling your own email address you could be surprised!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have also received the email which I found in my spam folder, also I'm registered to UKAI, astrobuy and sel, and a few others.

Ok so you have an email, I also get about 5 emails a day offering me massive growth and the secret to making women happy. For one I'm not tracking down the originator of the emails and for two how the hell do they know that I need massive growth and the secret to making women happy!:D

Check your spam folders and then think, are you going to get a bit miffed and start a witch hunt for every spam email you have received?

Trust me I'm a docker,

Matt.

This is a good point Matt.

It was an email I didn't mind recieving and once up and running a site I would possibly use.

I get 10 messages a day from Russia, now that is real spam and very annoying. I didn't find this ad spammy at all. Although I see everyones point I'm more than happy to have recieved this email.

We think that it is important for time to be given to both Astrobay and the Admin team of UKAI to look into the claims made.

Can I just stress that currently there is no proof that the Admin team of UKAI have done anything wrong, as Grant has mentioned most peoples email messages are somewhere on the net already.

The truth of the matter is that we do not know. The UKAI admin team will post updates on UKAI as soon as they have some.

Cheers

Ant

We have looked at logs etc on SGL and cannot find any evidence that the email addresses have come from here.

We are also not aware of anyone (not even one person) that was a member of only SGL.

We do not know where the email list came from and from my dealings with the Admin of UKAI it is fairly obvious to me that the current UKAI admin are not involved.

We must also remember that there are several commercial or semi commercial astro forums out there (not SGL or UKAI), what they have in their terms and conditions regarding email address etc when you join up is unknown to me (I never read the T&C's :) )

It might also be a good time to point out that everyone needs to be careful with the information that they leave about themselves on the internet. I had no idea but my email address is completely public on UKAI and anyone could get it without breaking any laws.

The links below to UKAI will work even if you do not have an account with them.

Cheers

Ant

Archived