NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NA Neb in narrowband

roundycat

A quick and dirty NA neb that is; not enough subs and not enough patience when it came to processing. FSQ106ED and STL 11000, total of 100m S2, 115m O3 and 115m Ha. The blending was modified somewhat in MaxIm so the exposure times are not indicative.

Dennis

post-15519-133877627902_thumb.jpg

That's definitely one of the best nb shots of the north America I've ever seen, great job balancing the channels into a lovely palette!

What's your take on the stl11k in terms of noise/sensitivity, compared to previously owned cameras?

I bought the STL after having an Artemis for a while. I figured the STL would be better in every respect and so it proved. Well worth the money.

The only other CCD I can compare it with, apart from an Atik16 used for guiding, is my ST10XME. The spectral sensitivity is different, not as high at the red end and it is anti-blooming so exposures can be that bit longer. Both produce a few thermal pixels but Darks soon settle that. With dithering and SD Mask stacking noise is never a problem with either camera. Cooling is brilliant, both drop 40 degrees below ambient without water cooling.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Dennis

Andy, I think my longest on one subject was about 9-10 hours. It depends a lot on your camera and imaging system f-ratio more than anything. My dark sky helps to separate the signal from the noise.

Dennis

Archived