NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moonlite SCT Focusser

Kai

Well what can i say about First Light Optics then.

I dont even think Steve had signed for the delivery before he had my new Moonlite winging its way over to me :)

I pick it up from the couriers and as soon as i got back into the car i had to have a quicklook :)

image.jpg

My first reaction was to wipe my drool off it,followed by thinking it seemed solid feeling.

Anyway got back home and attached it to the C8 and had a twiddle of the dual focusser.....sssssmmmoootthhhh redefined is the word i would use,so out i went to have a look at Saturn.

The first thing i found is that with only 3/4 inch travel you have to remember to get focus with the standard C8 adjuster and then achieve fine focus with the moonlite :)

I popped in a 11mm TV plossl and BANG there was banding and Cassini,no usual image shifting that i usually get.

image.jpg

The Focusser came with Tri Knob option (cheers steve :D),this is a definate upgrade imho as you can get to focus from both sides without having to resort to using it cak handed.Also to remember that it has 360 degree rotation so no twisting to diagonal around to be able to see.This is achived by 3 allen bolts that "compress" ,At first i was a bit wary of this but that was unfounded as the quality of the machining shone through.

image.jpg

This has meant that i now have a SCT with a very good focusser on it and i can now exploite the C8 to its full potential.

I would like to say a huge thanks to Steve for all his help and phone calls (and 10% discount) and if you are interested in upgrading your focuser (Sct or Newt etc) i would say consider the Moonlite as it is a quality product.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your review Kai. It's very useful and has confirmed my decision - I have been looking for a Crayford for my Newt and have settled on a Moonlite CR1.

I look forward to giving Steve a call next week with plastic in hand!!! :)

Bill£

I don't want to hear about Moonlight focussers thank you very much Kai. Especially not for an SCT no siree! What use could I possibly have for one of those :D

None at all,nope nothing,nothing at all :) i mean who wants a shiny,lump of alloy hanging on the back of their scope ?????

I mean it only for show isnt it.............

Shall i call Steve or do you want too :)

Thanks for your review Kai. It's very useful and has confirmed my decision - I have been looking for a Crayford for my Newt and have settled on a Moonlite CR1.

I look forward to giving Steve a call next week with plastic in hand!!! :)

Bill£

you wont regret it :)

That does it - you people are just too much! :) What am I supposed to do when I read words like "drool" "sssssmmmoootthhhh redefined" and "smoother than buttery smooth" whilst cursing my current stock R&P focuser and with my wife looking over my shoulder....

Oh well... thats our weekend away in April ruined, I've made an executive decision and am going to order a MoonLite for my Newt instead :cheers:

Archived