Scope reserved!

You can tell when it's coming by the weather.

Lovely blue sky without a cloud in it = Still in the warehouse.

Clouding over = Loading

Pouring with rain = Delivery imminent

Thunder & lightening = Delivery mans coming up the path.

Steve

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahaha very true!:) fat chance though iv been waiting for a lighting storm for the past 4 years!:(

Just got a mail from FLO -ep and laser have been dispatched by fedex and should be here tommorow, scopes coming strait from the supplier so hopefully wont be much longer to wait:) so far excellent service as anticipated.

At least i can stare at the EP till it arrives:rolleyes:

Oh man i reeeeeeally hope so!!!!

On the FLO website you know the yellow and green lights on the order form for packing and dispatched? well for the tellescope its still yellow..but i noticed its not yellow for packing now its yellow for processing? and green for completed?

If it turns up tommorow il be amazed, but looking into things it looks like it might possibly!!!:)

im going to have a wiskey to help me sleep haha:P

When I got mine a few weeks ago the FedEx van didn't arrive until about 3.00 in the afternoon. I had specifically asked for a Wednesday delivery as I could take the day off to wait in for it. They actually turned up 30sec AFTER I had sent an Email to James at FLO asking what time they normally deliver. I got a reply that said 'go look out your door' :(

Fab service all round and a fab scope. You're gonna love it. That 10mm EP is bang on too :)

Hi MorningMajor i think it can take upto 3 working days but i only completed payment late wednsday evening so i was thinking probably monday, but fingers crossed:)

Excelent service so far rick:) i needed to pay in part payments (card and paypal) and the staff were happy to give me a detailed explination how to do this...altho in the end i managed to pay all by card), aunser all my questions on the phone , confirmation emails at each stage of the process..so far so good:) my only concern is that it so happenes that i ordered the last 250px solidtube in stock!! talk about good timing!-and if something went wrong then were in trouble-it took us months to save and decide on a scope and it would be really bad luck if somehow things didnt goto plan-but im sure this is just pre-scope arrival jitters lol:)

Edit* heard the celestron EP is a big improvment on the supplied skywatcher 10mm so should be great for planetary observing-we could only really afford 1 EP and i heard the 25mm is acctualy not to bad so went for the 10mm in the end.

cheers guys:) we debated the 10" & 12" versions for a considerable amount of time, but eventually went for the the 10" so we could take it to some dark sky locations abit easier than the 12". also left some extra money for essentials.

10" is going to leave you disorientated.. from the sheer amount of stars!

Thats a very good point! but a good kind of disorientation:D

Honestly im so excited to be able to be able to see more objects than i can count on one hand-up to now i have seen the moon, saturn and the double cluster (very faint).

I found the EQ mount on the old seben a real pain to use, i understand for imaging they are essential but for visual i found them rather annoying. it will be so nice to have a simple dobsonian mount with a scope with enough power to see many different things!! il be like a kid in a sweet shop :)

Sorry Madhatter, in my infinite ignorance I had not realised you had given, if I may say so, an excellent review of the Jessops TA800-80, it seem just a pity you went the Seben route, instead of the path you are now taking, you really will enjoy the views to come, and thanks for the extra cloud :)

John.

Congratulations on your new scope.

It is a massive jump from a tiny 3.5" to a 10".

I always consider 10" to be the true Goldilocks size.

Regards Steve

Good description. I have to carry mine in and out of the house. A solid tube 12" would be too much (I'm a bit clumsy!) but the 10" still has great light grasp. The difference from my old 6" is significant and it certainly makes DSO's easier to find than my 8".

I was out last night looking at various things - M11 in the 10" is fantastic.

I was out last night looking at various things - M11 in the 10" is fantastic.

Totally agree, M11 in a 10" is just the best.

I find that open clusters in general prefer the gentler approach of a 10" rather than being attacked with large light buckets.:)

Regards Steve

Sorry for the slow reply guys, at 1am thursday night we lost our internet and phone line! it turns out that over 20000 houses in the area had the same problems due to some thiefs stealing copper cable and cutting through a major intersection of fiber optic cable at the same time!! very annoying!! i think if they get caught they will get the book thrown at them because it must have costs millions to repair for a mere few grands worth of copper-if that:rolleyes: just got our line and net back 11am this morning.

ususaly id be kind of at a loss as too what to do with myself-however at 11am 2 very large boxes came from the man in a van:D:D inside was this beauty:)

250px.jpg

Assembly was strait forward and the size is perfect, honestly i wouldent fancy moving a bigger one too often but this is a great size and yet still fairly mobile:) its a beast!.

I also recieved the laser colli and EP , you can really see the difference in quality from the supplied EP!!.

10mmEPs.jpg

We set out collimating the scope and this took about 5 mins with the laser, very easy too use. I was abit concerned that the locking screws on the main mirror seemed to center the red dot on the crosshairs as well as the adjustment screws but i guess its a learning curve here.

It was a clear night!! "could i beat the dreaded new equipment curse of bad weather?" i thought too myself..

dusk.jpg

But alas no..just as it started to get darker thick grey clouds started rolling in the distance and 10 mins later the whole sky was covered in clouds! lol!! the rumors are true!:)

rollingclouds.jpg

So no first light yet, but the scope is here safe and sound and collimated properly, i managed to get a quick star test on vega when it was very faint in the dusk sky and its looking good.

"

Starting with spells of evening sunshine but also areas of cloud. Overnight remaining dry, as the cloud will largely disperse, leaving many places clear by the end of the night."

^^^ tonights weather forcast, i can only hope and keep fingers crossed for first light tonight:D

one very happy chappie here!:( excellent service from FLO as exspected and now i understand why they are always recommended on these forums.

Cheers guys! cant wait for first light:D

No dark skys tonight John but we are hoping to take it to turfhill/stoney cross airfeild soon:) fingers crossed we get clear skys tonight!.

Well done.

I've added a DIY dew/light shield to mine, and a stick-on rubber bump-stop to stop the OTA bashing into the mount when pointed straight up for storage.

Enjoy...

Great thinking on the rubber bumpstop rick, we were thnking the same thing and using felt pads, but i think rubber would be more durable. What did you use for the DIY dew shield?:).

Cheers foundaplanet, would be really great to see something tonight! the night before the scope arrived was really clear with the milkyway faintly visable! for here thats damn clear lol.

Archived