NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn - with more frames as suggested

legion48

Very nice Legion, like Martin said, it's a good 'un.

Focusing is a pain when the blur due to seeing effects is more prominent than the blur due to lack of focus. You got it bang on there.

Does anyone know anything of the Skywatcher auto focusser?

Yup, they're ace. That's all that needs to be said.

Pre electrification of the Newt. focuser I couldn't tell if the blur was wobble from me touching the focus knob or from lack of focus, now it's down to lack of focus and nothing else. The electric focuser will also allow very small movement of the focuser that are inpossible to acheive manually.

Get one, you won't regret it!

Captain Chaos

Thanks for the kind comments. :)

About the Skywatcher focusser, on the FLO site they mention that it is suitable for the Explorer 150,200 & 250. No mention of the 130. :)

Anyone know if it will fit the 130PM...or can be made to fit?

Very nice image.

My view would be that it would be better to replace the focuser itself. Skywatcher focusers are not the greatest and exhibit a lot of image shift making it very difficult to acquire and keep the image on the screen.

I'm not talking about the Pro range which have Crayford focusers. The other problem is that a decent focuser might cost as much as the scope in the case of the 130.

Anyway, you ain't doing badly with what you have.

Geoff

Hi Carl,

Registax is free software available on the web for download, version 4 being the latest I think. It is used for aligning and stacking frames from an avi file or individual images taken with web cam or dslr. :) If your gonna get it, also get the downloadable user guide as well, very confusing trying to worl out whats going on 'till you got that..

Clear skies,

Gary

Archived