Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My 100r

My Tal100r 4".

image.jpg

On Tal2M driven mount and Tal tripod with extra brace and accessory tray. 2" focuser mod and longer (RS type) dewshield. Now main scope of two.

At f10 SR? Cushtie on the Planets me lad.

Ron. :)

Go tal, i say.

1960's build quality. Built like a tank. Got quite a few varieties and love em all. I don't think there's quite the mark up for the importer, cause they're under advertised in my opinion. Can be rather heavy, but this aint a bafd thing. no breeze will move this beast. No nonsense goodness. GO novobirisk.

Yours(rather drunk arfter the rugger,)

Andy.

Go Tal! Yay! :) Cheers all. Now internally matt blacked. Just waiting for flock to arrive in the post.

New it was a goodun when it showed me Uranus as a blue disc last year. Very pleased with the pic of Saturn I got with my phone recently (in unconventional section).

Baader fringe killer next methinks - time to go without food again for a while I guess :)

Brass n Glass

Does anyone know if the 127 version is as good?

I have the 125mm TAL125R. I've also had the TAL 100R and 100RS.

In my opinion the 125mm TAL @ F9 is better optically than even the 100mm TAL. It should be - it costs an arm & leg more !

Unlike the TAL100 the lens cell of the 125 can be collimated if required as it's got the necessary screws etc - not that it's needed it !.

Good set up SR with the TAL stepper motor mount.

8)

MD

Ahhh, the Tal1. What a scope 8)

Still can't believe they've stopped the M version over here. All scopes and M mounts still listed as current on the Novobirsk site - and a 75mm f8 refractor too;

image.jpg

Funny lookin thing I know but... anyone going on a cold holiday this year? :)

All owners of Tal refractors seem delighted with them. It doesn't always seem to be the same story with the relectors, though.

Never had a problem myself :) Anyhoo; ain't mirrors easier to get right than lenses? Should up the odds for reflectors I'd have thought, esp the non-parab f8s :? Folk have struggled with collimating the 6" Klev though apparently.

Might sell a kidney so I can investigate that myself :)

Archived