Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunar Eclipse (Or lack of it)

Was it just me or was anyone else dissapointed with the Lunar Eclipse the other night?

I was on the Lincolnshire coast when it was happening (Purely by accident I was on holiday), so thought it would be an excellent vantage point.

Unfortunately our hobby is always dependent on there being no cloud cover and right one cue those white fluffy things rolled in, so didn't see anything:-(. Have returned from my hols now and have seen the stills on the internet. Just wish I had seen it for real.

Hi Malcspring, I also wish I had seen it for real! :) I was quite disappointed that I was unable to view it due to the ubiquitous clouds that night. But, all wasn't lost when I watched it live online, it made up missing it to an extent, and I was captivated by the eclipse's beauty. I agree, our hobby relies entirely on the weather, but I have enjoyed the images on SGL to date from those more fortunate! :)

Yep! Cloudy for me too.

We've just gotta be patient and wait for the next one.

You get used to all these disappointments after a while.

But when it all comes together, you can't beat it.

Cloudy and belting it down, was planning to meet up on the seafront. Some of our more fanaticle group members still went down there just hoping for a glimpse but they got nothing

I was very dissappointed, I'd been looking forward to this event for months, and considering the time of year I really held out hope for a clear(ish) sky, sadly it was not to be and I left the field where I, and some friends, had been stood getting soaked thinking what a waste of an evening it had been. On the bright side, this years Perseids look to be promising and I need to check if the lunar eclipse on December 10 will be visible from the South East of England.

You all have my sympathy! We were out of range here in the Southwest USA, but we had a beauty scheduled for last winter solstice, but like you, we were clouded and rained out.

Time to check the ephemeris for the next upcoming favorable eclipse to view, I guess.

Dan

Archived