NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Recent nights

george7378

We've had a few amazing clear nights this week, but despite the clarity, I noticed that the sky wasn't properly dark. I struggled to get to mag. 13.5 with my 10-inch (at around midnight), and the sky looked a kind of bland grey through the scope in certain places. Also, when I got in, the scope was dripping wet with dew. Did anyone else notice this? Is it because of the summer nights and the high humidity? Or was it because of dew building up on the mirrors?

Do we ever get a perfect night?!

Did an all nighter on Friday night/Saturday morning :), and managed to get a couple of hours in before it started to get light in the NW about 2:30 ish :(, I must say I didn't get any dew, it was still quite warm and not cold enough that it hit Dew point. Still had my Dew straps turned on just in case.

I had no dew problem here in Manchester.

It was a really good night in Manchester wasn't it, i was surprised we didn't get any Dew as it was quite clear, I was expecting the temperature to drop lower than what it was though. .

Had a few good nights here in the North East, but like you say it doesnt stay dark for long, about 3 good hours a night.

The first test shot I took - the histogram was so far across it looked like I was taking flats LOL

Archived