Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I've always wanted one of these .....

John

Here's a couple of pics of my Celestron Celestar 8 SCT which I have just taken delivery of. It's a 1994 model with a few "upgrades":

- Full wedge in place of the wedgepod that the original was fitted with

- Heavy duty adjustable field tripod

- 8x50 RA finder

- Telrad

- 2 inch dielectric diagonal

- Hand controller for RA / DEC fine adjustment

At the moment it's only driven in RA (that was the standard spec) but I'm intending to add a DEC drive soon.

The drive runs for 50 hrs (we will see about that !) of a single 9v battery !.

I'm dead chuffed and 1st light last night on Saturn was brilliant - after some fairly major re-collimation that is :lol:

John

image.jpg

image.jpg

Take it from me, that's an excellent scope! I have one nearly identical to yours! I've split Antares with it, observed all 110 Messier objects in one night with it, seen asteroid occultations with it and on and on. You should be quite pleased. (Though I think the 2" diag is a bit of overkill....which I like!) 8)

P.S. I can vouche for the battery life. I used mine every night, all night for a week at the Grand Canyon on a single battery.

Take it from me, that's an excellent scope! I have one nearly identical to yours! I've split Antares with it, observed all 110 Messier objects in one night with it, seen asteroid occultations with it and on and on. You should be quite pleased. (Though I think the 2" diag is a bit of overkill....which I like!) 8)

P.S. I can vouche for the battery life. I used mine every night, all night for a week at the Grand Canyon on a single battery.

Thanks for the feedback Astroman, thats very encouraging.

John

Archived