NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

a start on the Veil

peter shah

After the halo incident i went back to the RGB filter set this is a start of a deep project i want to grab some more data a pull out some of the fainter whisps

RGB only

6x600s in red 6x420s in green and 6x530 in blue

thanks for looking

peter

post-17181-133877612753_thumb.jpg

post-17181-133877612761_thumb.jpg

Very nice, interesting how some images seem to have more depth, these do for sure. :) Just noticed the blue diagonal line on the second image, sat track?

Im pretty sure its a hight flying aircraft you can see the intermittent strobe along it

Beautiful Peter (as usual)! I've just had a quick look at your website - Your observatory has a fanastic outlook... Not at all like the view my scopes get - I feel quite sorry for them now...!

(PS - I note your exposure details - Can I ask how you chose them?)

Beautiful Peter (as usual)! I've just had a quick look at your website - Your observatory has a fanastic outlook... Not at all like the view my scopes get - I feel quite sorry for them now...!

(PS - I note your exposure details - Can I ask how you chose them?)

cheers andy, i have quite a nice location, i do have to wait for things towards the North to get above the trees so some of the objects in Cepheus can be a pain, but no real hardship.....my exposures are based on G2V star calibration which helps with getting good balanced colour

Good start on the Veil there Peter :) Will you be adding in any narrowband? (if you can get to the bottom of your halo problems)

thats the thing, i was going to get some narrow band but those halos are so bad i think im going to stick with RGB......it wont stop me from doing a narrow band shot but i probably wont mix the data with this part of the sky

Scrumptious. It is so delicate. The aperture is giving such beautifully tiny stars that the whole thing seems to be 'to scale' as rarely seen. Exquisite.

The change in sky colour is great in this object. The unswept sky to the right is a quite different colour to that within the Veil loops. If you image the area above this you'll probably get the change appearing in a distinct line but with no arc between the two.

Encore!

Olly

Archived