Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Can i mount bins to this tripod? pics

I just found this jessops camera tripod my grandfather gave us, its quite old and cost about 60 quid at the time. it seems pretty sturdy and is very quick to setup, can bins be mounted too this?.

post-25886-133877608755_thumb.jpg

I have a similar (if not the same - difficult to be sure from the photo) tripod which I use for my 15x70s. Assuming your bins have a screw-thread that will attach to the L-bracket there should be no problem. You will probably find it more stable if you fully extend the legs and keep the central pillar as un-extended as possible, while keeping as comfortable a viewing position.

HTH

The model name is "atlantic-delta" the L adapter is metal not plastic so im hoping it will be quite steady.

We have just ordered some celestron UpClose 10x50s , do you think these will mount? i ordered those before i found the tripod ..Idealy id like to mount thier 15x70s. Do you think they will support the weight?.

Cheers guys:)

Yes; you can use a hinge clamp instead of the L-bracket. There is a picture of one on my Mounting Binoculars page.

Steve,

Came across this thread and visited your site - the tips on hand holding binos are excellent and I can't wait to try them out when the skies clear!!

Robin

I believe all the celestron bins have a screw thread under a cap on the front of the central axis... both of my pairs do

This is the most common situation for bigger bins. Both my old Bresser 10x50 and the Omegon 15x70 have it. The front of the central axis has a cap, often with a picture of a tripod (stylized), which you unscrew.

Archived